Young Alumni Mentors Program
The “Young Alumni Mentors” program (YAMs) matches sophomore students to a recently graduated Leeds alumni to kick start their professional development. The YAMs Program assists sophomore students in their academic and professional development. Sophomores enrolled in YAMs will be given a “road-map” of milestones to work on with their alumni mentors. Personal and career assessments, professional job seeking etiquette, major and career exploration and shadowing experiences will all be built into the program. Mentors will be matched in one-on-one partnerships with one or two sophomore mentees. The program is a 1-year commitment and runs from September - May. Mentor-mentee matches are made in September.
The Young Alumni Mentors program aspires to:
- Assist students in exploring academic and extracurricular options such as: majors, certificates, cross-campus programs, clubs, & organizations.
- Develop professional & job search skills
- Empower students to select an emphasis that will challenge them intellectually and prepare them for a fulfilling career.
- Serve as a bridge and a resource for sophomores' leap from business curriculum to practical career application.
- Provide opportunities to network and build connections with successful Leeds Alumni.